If you have invested time and money in creating content for your publications the last thing you want is for them to be ignored. Publications can be an excellent way of showing readers your expertise, or telling them more about your brand, especially if you package them in a modern format such as a digital flipbook. Never forget, the level of success you achieve in communicating your content can be as much to do with the way you present it, and who you present it to, as it is to do with the content itself.
You may be thinking that the message you want to get across is strong enough in itself, but if it is not supported by knowledge of your audience, the use of technology and the creation of eye catching communications, you could be sadly mistaken. f
Know your audience behavior
If someone came and placed a huge pile of random documents or magazines on the table in front of you, would you read them all? We think we are fairly safe in assuming that the answer to that question would be no. You would probably have a quick look through to find one that caught your eye and then you may flick through to see if there was anything useful to read inside.
If you produce generic newsletters or advertising emails and send them out to an unfiltered email list then you are creating that random pile of documents for the recipients; in digital format. If you want people to actually read the newsletters you send you have to use analytics and targeted email lists. Here are some of the things that you should be considering:
- Tag the topics that your readers are looking at in your publications. This means that you are able to design your publications to appeal and you are able to keep readers engaged with topics they are interested in.
- Think about the form your content takes. Did you know that visual information is processed 60,000 times faster than text? This is why most people respond best to content that contains images in some format. Interestingly, 30% of the population takes in information best when it’s auditory; that is also something to bear in mind when considering how to engage people with your publications.
- Keep an eye on your engagement rates and note who your regular readers are. If you want to get your publications out there, one of the best ways to do so is to ensure that they are shared. If you analyze the habits of your readers, and target those that are most engaged, they are likely to share your content on, improving your engagement rates.
All of this analysis of your audience helps you to provide newsletters and sales emails that are more likely to appeal and helps you to ascertain which recipients are most likely to be more receptive to certain content.
Produce fresh and exciting documents
Obviously, what you have to say in your publications is important; people are not going to remain engaged if they have nothing to learn or gain by reading your content. That being said, one of the most important parts of producing content that drives engagement is to make it look fresh and interesting. People are more likely to be impressed by a glossy looking flipbook download than they are by a more staid download of a PDF file. Many producers of online content are opting for a digital flipbook as the way to go when trying to engage readers with their publications.
Flipbook animation software is simple to use. Check out this video from Yumpu to see just how easy it can be to create an easy to use and interactive flipbook.
There are several reasons why using a digital flipbook makes sense if you want to drive engagement with your publications.
- Readers get all the familiarity of a traditional reading experience, enhanced by technology. This enables you to make the experience more interactive by including video content and audio files in your flipbook download.
- Flipbooks include a search facility which makes it easier for readers to find and read a particular section of content.
- A digital flipbook is easy to share across social media platforms. All readers have to do is share the link. The more times your publications are shared the more likely it is that your engagement levels will increase.
All of these are good reasons why it makes sense to use flipbooks if you want your publications to generate engagement.